Sunday, January 22, 2017

archiving - Is it possible to successfully extract an archive file if the download is not complete


I'm downloading visual studio 2010 professional through MSDN Academic Alliance. And I get the download is finished confirmation even before the progress of the download doesn't reach 100%.
I extracted the iso file and it didn't have any problems or errors extracting its contents. But I noticed some sub folders are empty.
Is it possible that I haven't really downloaded the full content of the archive?


Answer



Yes, it is very possible with many archive formats to have missing data when extracting an incomplete download.


What archive format is the download you're using in?


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...