Monday, January 30, 2017

file management - "Size on disk" column missing in Windows Explorer?

I decided to use the "compress this drive to save space" option on my backup drive, which simply houses a Windows Server Backup.



I learned that when viewing file properies for files on a drive using NTFS compression, the "Size on Disk" value will show the actual compressed size on disk, and it will actually be smaller than the normal file "Size" value (i.e. it's usually the other way around when the drive is not compressed).



I want to view both the Size and Size on Disk values in Windows Explorer, but after scrolling through the available custom column, I don't see "Size on Disk" anywhere.



Is there some way to see it so I don't have to view the properties of individual files? Even if there's a known add-on, that would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...