Monday, January 16, 2017

How to figure out what causes random Windows hangs?

It has been 2 full days that my computer has random 1second hangs... Even the mouse won't move, sound hangs too while listening to music.


I have made absolutely no software changes, there may have been automatic updates. I have checked my process list, and the hangs happen even when resources taken are a lot lower than my normal activities. I have tried closing all the programs I could and it is still happening. A virus scan did not result in any positives, as usual.


What else did I forget to check?



As of today, the freezes and hangs are not happening anymore. The only
thing that happened is a GPU driver update that ran automatically
before I could find free time to dig deeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...