Saturday, January 28, 2017

partitioning - Small SSD to Large SDD cloning, why isn't it allocating remainder of space?

I'm upgrading from a 120gb PNY SSD to a 500gb Samsung 850 SSD.



I cloned the 120gb SSD using EaseUS Todo Backup onto the larger SSD. But it seemed to copy the setup of my smaller drive. So on my larger SSD, I have 354gb that is unallocated.




How can I merge the primary partition and the unallocated?
disk properties view
Disk Management view






Update



When trying to extend the volume via disk management, I get the following message:
disk management extend volume

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...