Saturday, January 14, 2017

sync - How to prevent dropbox from downloading all files?

I formatted my computer.


Before formatting, I copied dropbox folder to an external drive.


After formatting, I installed dropbox, linked to my account, stopped sync and pasted all the content inside old dropbox folder to new one. Now, the dropbox folder look same as it was before format.


However, after I started sync, it began to download all files one by one. Now it's saying like downloading XX.XXX files X hours remaining.


So, why doesn't it just understand these files already there and there is no need to download again? What could be problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...