Monday, January 30, 2017

Set a keyboard shortcut for a Windows CMD command?

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and would like to know if it's possible to have a keyboard shortcut to run



taskkill /F /FI "STATUS eq NOT RESPONDING"


using "CTRL + ALT + X"



SIDE NOTE:
I have currently have a work-around where I have a batch file (KillTask.bat) with the command and a desktop shortcut to KillTask.bat with the shortcut key set to CTRL+ALT+X.




Screenshot
(Here's a screen-shot explaining the work-around)



Is there a more direct method of doing this by way of a keyboard shortcut without the use of desktop shortcuts and batch file?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...