Friday, January 20, 2017

My Windows 7 Product Key does not match with my current windows version

let me explain



Since I'd heard that Windows 10 was coming for free, I been crazy waiting for the notification to appear on my task bar, but nothing would happen. Two months ago I was surprised with a "your windows is not genuine " notification. I was bummed, I couldn't believe it. Today I got the Windows 10 notification, but when doing the installing I forgot that I didn't have a product key since the pc did not brought one, but I finally found it in a sticker attached to the computer. Surprisingly my key was rejected. Now the sticker says is a product key for Windows 7 Home Premium, the windows version I have installed is Windows 7 Professional.



How do I solve this? I have no CD installation for windows 7 home premium.



What are my options and what can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...