Saturday, January 21, 2017

windows - How to copy only new files AND only those that are modified after a certain date?



I would like to copy files from one drive to another, but I only want to copy source files that are newer than the destination file. BUT, I also want to only copy source files that have been changed after a certain date.




I know I can use xcopy to do either one of these things, but I would like to do both at the same time.



So for example, I want to copy all source files dated on or after 3/1/2013, but in addition I only want the file copied if the source file is newer than the destination. So ideally I would like to do something like this:



xcopy c:\*.* e:\*.* /D:03-01-2013


combined with something like this:




xcopy c:\*.* e:\*.* /D


Can this be done with xcopy or Robocopy?


Answer



This will probably get you what you want:



Robocopy c:\ e:\ *.* /MAXAGE:20130301 /XO /E



Add the /L command to this to see what it will do without it actually doing it first just to make sure.



Check here for more information on Robocopy's options.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...