Monday, January 16, 2017

linux - How to create a boot program that will ask which Rescue Disk to load?


Hello I have huge collection of rescue disks and live OSs. I have extracted them in my USB pendrive. I want "boot program script" that will ask on start which rescue program or live OS is to be loaded. I have rescue disks as follows:-


(i) AOSS(Malware Scanner)


(ii) AVG


(iii) Avira


(iv) Bitdefender


(v) Comodo


(vi) F-Secure


(vii) Kaspersky


And Live Disks as follows:-


(i) Ubuntu Studios 13.04


(ii) Active Boot Disk


(iii) ERD Commander.


And I will add more rescue disk later so please explain how you did assuming that I(asker) am novice with any other languages other than HTML and Batch Programming. I know that HTML have no-use in this project but I am completely not very sure. If you cannot explain me the whole matter then just tell me how can I add some more rescue disks in it(script)?


I again describes that I have extracted above listed rescue and Live OS iso images in my 8GB USB Pendrive. I want a Boot Program script which will ask which rescue program or live OS is to be loaded every time when I boot from my USB Pendrive.


I also check at some other resources on the internet but I did not understand it fully. - Yahoo Voices (Click here to see this resource)


Answer



Use grub for that. I use the instructions at http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-via-grub2-using-linux/ to create a bootable USB pendrive.


I put ISO images to /iso/ directory on the pendrive and update grub.cfg accordingly. This way I have a pendrive from which I can boot various different versions of Kubuntu. Other live distributions can be booted in a similar way.


See also another answer: https://superuser.com/a/154204/92436.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...