Tuesday, January 17, 2017

windows 10 - Missing confirmation of changes to "group policy"/"configure automatic updates"

For the record, I dispute that this question is already answered elsewhere on SO.


I just upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro purely because I have heard that it is only possible to prevent the dreaded forced reboot issue with home. I followed the first few steps in the solution given => here and got to the following screen:


enter image description here


The instructions state "configure it as needed"... but it appears that the default is already what I need, i.e. download automatically but then wait for me to manually give permission to install (& reboot). So I just clicked "OK". The instructions go on to say that I should go to the advanced options part of windows update and I should see the words "Some settings are managed by your organisation" in red writing in the window. But I see no such thing. All I see is the following:


enter image description here


Did I do something wrong? Maybe in the most recent versions of pro my desired behaviour is the default? Maybe in the most recent versions Microsoft chose not to show the red writing any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...