Friday, January 20, 2017

boot - Windows 10 burn iso not creating bootable CD?


Having read several guide about creating bootable media with Windows10's native tools I'm having a problem that I can't find reference to anywhere.


When I burn an iso to disk in windows 10 it's just copying an iso file to the CD, it's not expanding it and creating a bootable disk. Have tried a couple different iso files with the same result.


How do I get it to stop just copying the iso and actually do what all the guides describe?


TIA


Answer



ISO file is just a regular file, just like TXT or JPG or EXE files. You're burning the file on a CD/DVD, which makes sense in case of TXTs and JPGs and EXEs, but not in case of disk images where you actually want to burn disc image's content, not the file itself.


To burn the ISO image properly, right-click it and select Burn disc image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...