Sunday, January 22, 2017

windows 7 - Why isnt the ISO I burned to a DVD bootable?



I downloaded an ISO of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit From Digital River to try to restore a laptop.



I downloaded the ISO and burned it to a Memorex DVD and tried to boot the laptop from it using the boot options but the laptop acted like there was no disk in the drive and booted from the Hard Drive like normal.




I tried another boot disk to see if it was the DVD drive but the laptop booted to that disk just fine.



Am I burning this disk wrong? Any ideas?



Lenovo g570


Answer



That's because you probably have not burned a boot sector or boot image on the DVD. The program you use to burn DVDs will have an option that you can check to burn a bootable DVD.



Judging from the screenshot on this page, it doesn't look like there's an option to burn a bootable disc in Windows Disk Image Burner.




If you can't do it with the built-in Win7 burner, these are two solid, free-to-use dvd burning programs, that might be more straightforward to use:




No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...