Monday, January 16, 2017

windows 7 - Can't set Password to anything but empty

I have a Windows 7 Professional workstation in a domain network.
I need to create a new local user account.
If I leave the password empty, the account is created.
When I try to set a password I always get an error which says that the password is invalid because of the password policy.
In the security policies I don't the are no rules set which would prevent the passwords I tried.



When I create the user with an empty password and afterwards try to set some password I get the same error.



Creating local accounts on other workstation in the same domain with the same OS works without problems.




Why can't I set the password of local accounts to anything but empty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...