Monday, January 30, 2017

windows - Why doesn't Taskmanager show all memory use?

My laptop has 8gb of installed ram, when I run a VMWare virtual machine my memory usage increases but I can't find what process/thing is causing this. (I know that it's VMWare ofcourse but why doesn't taskmngr show me that???)


Here are some screenshots i took from Taskmanager:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1814002/memory.png


In the upper screenshot you see a memory usage of 82% where only 437,9mb is for my user.
In the other screenshot you see the same details (84% usage now because it was taken a bit later)


Does anyone know how I can view the correct memory usage with all programs / processes that are using it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...