Monday, November 26, 2018

Windows XP Taskbar Grouping


It would be really nice if I were able to group applications in the xp taskbar according to the project I was working on...


For instance if i had two folder windows open, an im window, and a word doc... it would be nice to be able to group those in the taskbar and then right click on the group to minimize all of them. Then when I was ready to come back to them i could right click on the group and choose restore and it would restore those windows from their minimized state...


Anyone ever hear of this functionality? Or should I use a multiple desktop tool?


Thanks


Answer



If you end up going to the multiple desktops route, I recommend VirtuaWin. It's surprisingly light on system resources and you can move windows to different desktops and zoom around desktops with hotkeys (or use the tray menu for either). It doesn't offer any live view candy or anything like that, but it might just work for what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...