Friday, November 23, 2018

Can I Replace SATA 3.0Gb/s hard disk with With SATA 6.0Gb/s in Toshiba Satellite c660 laptop?

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and by default there is SATA 3.0 fitted in it. Few days ago, it stopped working. So I need to replace it with a new one. The problem I'm currently facing is I don't know if the SATA 6Gb/s hard disk (in this case I'm planning to choose Seagate ST500LM000 SSHD Drive). Please tell me will this SATA 6Gb/s hybrid hard disk work with my Toshiba Satellite c660 laptop? Also, I don't know much about the dimensions of hard disks. So please tell me in brief.


Seagate Hybrid SSHD Drive:
http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/laptop-hard-drives/laptop-solid-state-hybrid-drive/


Dimensions: Length: 100.35mm, Width: 69.85mm Height: 7.0mm


Form Factor: 2.5"


The current hard disk's info:


Brand: Toshiba


Model: MK3265GSX


Data Sheet: https://storage.toshiba.eu/export/sites/toshiba-sdd/media/products/datasheets/mk3265gsx_datasheet.pdf


According to data sheet, it's dimensions are:


Dimensions: Height: 9.5, Width: 69,85, Depth: 100


Form Factor: 2.5" SIZE (7mm)


I'm planning to choose Seagate ST500LM000, Please tell me will it work or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...