Friday, November 23, 2018

Rerun failed Windows Update


One of my Windows 7 updates (Platform update for Windows 7 64bit) failed to install. It is an optional update but I want it to install anyway. I think since the update failed I have problems opening https websites in Chrome.


How can I rerun the installation of the update? I can't find a button or something else to do that. It is simply listed as failed in my Windows Update History.


If I download the update manually (KB2670838) and run it, it says the update is already installed.


Answer



Go to


Windows Update -> Update History -> Installed Updates

and deinstall the update. After that you can reinstall it manually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...