Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Clone USB flash drive containing UDF and Fat32 paritions

Recently I was asked to clone USB flash drive (4GB). This drive contains two paritions: first is UDF (1.3GB) - which Windows 7 sees as CD-ROM drive, and the second is Fat32(2.7GB) - which looks and behaves like a normal removable device. When I open Windows Disk Management it shows two separate devices - CD-ROM and removable device with one Fat32 partition.


I need tool that will make full image of entire flash drive and will be also able to write that image to another flash drive.


I tried USB tools:
Passmark ImageUSB / RMPrepUSB - but they can only see partition with Fat32.


I also tried some backup tools:
Macrium Reflect Free / Paragon Backup And Recovery / DriveImage XL - they see physical disk of size 2.7GB with only one Fat32 partition - which is also wrong.


Can you recommend me any Windows / Linux tool that would allow me to clone this USB drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...