Monday, November 12, 2018

memory - Associate a tab in Google Chrome with its process in task manager


How do I identify which process belongs to which tab in Google Chrome?


Normally, I have a (ridiculously) large number of tabs open. If I need to free memory on my box, I would like to choose based on tab/process memory footprint.


Answer



Chrome has it's own in-built task manager which makes it easy to identify which process belongs to which tab(s). You can access it by the hotkey Shift+Esc or by right clicking on the title bar and selecting "Task Manager".


Chrome also has a more detailed memory page which can be accessed by opening a new tab and entering chrome://system/ into the omnibox.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...