Thursday, November 22, 2018

How to get Windows 10 Long Term Service Branch (LTSB)?



I am planning to transfer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (maybe this is not a good idea). I heard that Windows 10 is not as stable as Windows 7, then the only choice is Windows 10 Long Term Service Branch (LTSB).



Where can I download the LTSB? Must I pay additional money for this version?



My Dell laptop has a Windows 10 Pro tag.


Answer



Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB is only intended for purpose-fit machines (e.g. POS terminals, ATMs, digital signage, medical devices, etc.) and should not be used on consumer machines. Consequently, it is not available through traditional retail channels. If you're looking to upgrade, Windows 10 Home or Pro is likely what you're looking for.




However, a 90 day free trial for LTSB is available for download on TechNet. You'll need to log in with a Microsoft account and register specifically for evaluation. Use beyond the trial period will require a volume license agreement with Microsoft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...