Sunday, November 11, 2018

How can I open a fully-working Windows 7 command prompt with AutoHotkey?

I'm running AutoHotkey 1.0.48.05 on Windows 7 (64 bit).


I'd like CTRL-ALT-T to open the command prompt (such that it has the same Path / capabilities as when I open the command prompt manually).


This is what I have so far:


^!t::
Run, cmd /k
Return

This successfully opens the command prompt, but it doesn't seem to have the %PATH% variable that I'd have if I go to Start > Run ... > cmd.exe.


For example, if I do CTRL-ALT-T and then type "java", I get:



'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.



But if I use the Start > Run method, java works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...