Monday, November 12, 2018

motherboard - New PC doesn't boot to BIOS

I put together a build, and I'm having some issues. When I boot up the PC all fans and LEDs come on, but nothing ever pops up on the screen.


The manual states I should be prompted with a BIOS screen. It also says some beeps should come through my audio, but there's been no sound. I've tried taking the GPU out and booting that way, but there's no change except that a white LED on the motherboard stays on.


From what I've read that'll stay on until a GPU is installed. I've also tried replacing the RAM with RAM from a different computer, but there's still no change. I've also tried booting with a single stick of RAM. Customer support stated that my RAM is likely the issue, but there wasn't much more said than that.


Does anyone have some other troubleshooting or likely causes that I should look into? It seems like everything is starting up as intended and that it just doesn't display anything on the monitor.


Specs:


  CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-core processor
  RAM: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 memory
  SSD: Samsung - 860 EVO 500 GB 2.5" SSD
  PS: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ gold certified fully modular ATX power supply
  Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F gaming ATX AM4 motherboard
  CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio silent 14
  GPU: MSI Armor Radeon RX570


Link for pictures of the build
https://imgur.com/a/oI9iTQC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...