Wednesday, November 28, 2018

battery - My laptop charger blew a fuse in it, should I just short it?

Soo, I recently had a voltage surge at my house, and a couple of my chargers blew up. My laptop's charger was one of them. Upon opening I found out that only a fuse labelled T3.15A/ 250V had burned. Everything else looks fine. So my question is, can I just skip the open fuse and connect the two terminals of it with a piece of wire? I understand that the next time a voltage surge hits me and the MBC doesn't stop it, the charger will probably blow up, unless of course if I add a fuse externally to the charger. Like a do have an extension board which has a built-in fuse, so I guess that'd probably work.



And I know that this probably isn't worth it in the first place, but still I want to try it for the fun of it. I am planning to get a replacement charger anyways.



Also the replacement charger I'm planning to get has the same 3.34A & 19.5V rating, but is made for a different laptop (Insipiron 15 3521, mine is 15 3531) Will it do fine or will it cause damage to the battery?



Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to use this under normal working circumstances at all, I just wanted to know that would it be possible to just bypass the fuse given that the current will remain within safe limits or a additional fuse of same or lower rating is applied beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...