Thursday, November 8, 2018

hard drive - Not able to format HDD while installing windows

I am asking this new question after trying to recover my crashed windows data
please refer below question/link



How to recover data from crashed Windows laptop?



-------------My query regarding HDD Format Issue-----------------




windows is not able to neither format HDD nor install windows.IT gives following error



while formatting: Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. Error code: 0x80070057
While installing:It is not able to recognize HDD format so it doesn't go to next installation step



I used following steps to format HDD



diskpart



list disk




select disk 0



clean



format



It couldn't execute format

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...