Tuesday, November 27, 2018

How to add Windows Media Center?


On Windows 8 Pro, I'm trying to add Windows Media Center using the Add features to Windows 8 dialog, but when I enter my product key I get the message This key won't work. Check it and try again, or try a different key.


Add features to Windows 8 error


I ditched my cable boxes for Cable cards, so I can't watch TV without Windows Media Center.


How can I install it? Do I need to buy a key for it?


Answer



After patiently waiting for the official launch of Windows 8 for my key to work, I was disappointed to see it didn't.


Fortunately though, until January 31st, 2013, Microsoft is offering the Windows 8 Media Center Pack for free.


If you don't have Windows 8 Pro, or miss the offer deadline, you would have to buy a key by choosing I want to buy a key online. The same website has a deal for the Windows 8 Pro Pack which includes, the Windows 8 Media Center Pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...