Tuesday, November 13, 2018

networking - What is the Windows 7 alternative to Vista's 'Reliability and Performance Monitor' to monitor network traffic

Yesterday I was using my old Vista laptop and noticed it was rather easy to view which processes were using the network and how many bytes were send and received. Now when I open perfmon on Windows 7 it seems to be lacking this functionality.


I am aware that I can use netstat and tcpview to archieve this to some extend, but it doesn't have the nice overview of bytes sent/received/total. What is the best way to get a similar output out of Windows 7, preferably without outside tools?


Additional information: I am using Vista Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...