Monday, November 26, 2018

Windows 8.1 apps can't access my internet


I have Windows 8.1 Pro. I have been using it for 2 years but I never noticed that Windows apps don't have access to the internet connection anymore. I can use internet for surfing, downloading and other stuff but native apps like Store, Windows Update e.t.c. don't work. It worked fine when it was newly installed. I must have messed up with something. I have attached some screenshots:


enter image description here


enter image description here


You can see Store, Windows Update etc don't have access to the internet. My Windows is genuine and is activated.


Basically, I want to upgrade to Windows 10 and it requires updates installed. I can't install the updates because of this issue. The updates remain stuck at 0.


Answer



With regards to the the update problem. I also experienced it, I followed this answer, from this question and I solved my problem:



I've found that sometimes you just have to wait, but if it takes a
significantly long time try the following:



  • Click the start button and type in services.msc

  • Stop the Windows Update Service.

  • Delete the contents of the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder

  • Start the Windows Update Service.

  • Try Windows Update again.



Source


Windows update doesn't progress beyond 0 KB 0%


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...