Saturday, November 24, 2018

windows 7 - Is it possible to offload winsxs to a usb flash drive?

My 277GB Laptop C:\ drive is being gobbled up by Windows7. Windows folder takes 80% of the disc (Treesize).
Running the OS from a USB stick is a bad idea (SE forums writer/s).
Only 15% of the disc is taken by the \User\ folders. Most of my data now lives on USB storage.
There is 2.64GB Free left on C:\ and thats after MS walked thru Windows Cleaner (useless in this situation) and some other small tweaks.
Moving winsxs would free up some 14GB. If that works, I would look for other folders to scuttle or better yet a way to move the OS.
Ideas?
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...