Thursday, November 8, 2018

partitioning - Cloned GPT drive with Clonezilla to larger drive and can't increase partition size


Cloned GPT drive with Clonezilla to larger drive and can't increase partition size.


Before this, I tried to use AOMEI Backupper Standard and experienced the same issue.


Tried EaseUS Partition Manager, Windows' Disk Management and GParted on Linux.


The filesystem of the partitions are: ext4 and NTFS.


Also tried on a Live USB.


GParted


Answer



While it is true that I can't resize sda5 because there is no adjacent free space that I could assign to it, I found a way to do it without manually move partition and that is:


On AOMEI Partition Assistant, Create a Partition then right click new partition->Allocate Free Space, select to To drive you want to allocate into.


Since it doesn't allow to allocate all space, I just deleted the partition after allocating free space, after all this hit Apply and it will ask you to reboot to continue the process.


Moving the partitions takes a while so sit back a wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...