Sunday, November 25, 2018

partitioning - Disk Management is not working properly



My Windows 7 computer's Disk Management is not working properly. I can shrink the D: drive which is not primary partition, the unallocated space comes out. I then tried to create a new simple volume.




After the wizard Disk Management says:




The Disk Management console is not up to date, please refresh.




I pressed the refresh button and the unallocated space remained the same amount. There is no new volume.



How can I shrink drive C: and extend it to drive D:? If I try to do this it will say:





The maximum number of partition has reached.




I think it may be because the C: drive is the primary boot drive.


Answer



If you have 4 partitions already then that's the limit.



Otherwise if you're still struggling try and use a 3rd party tool, such as GParted, while your current OS isn't running.




http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-gparted-to-resize-your-windows-vista-partition/


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...