Monday, November 12, 2018

Configure Linux to act as an additional desktop or extended display to client

Let's say I have 2 computers.



Computer 1: Runs Linux. Let's say Debian, or Ubuntu, Raspbian, etc if that matters. It controls a nice large display that I'd like to utilize.



Computer 2: We can assume it also runs the same kind of Linux if necessary, though relaxing that assumption to "any major OS like Windows, Apple's OS, or Linux" would be even better.



Thusfar I've been using SSH + an automation shell script I wrote to copy images created by Python/R on Computer 2 to Computer 1 for automatic fullscreen display. This is clunky because it's only jpeg plots created in 1 specific directory with a specific filename pattern.



I would like to improve it to something more like just extending the display. This may sound like a waste of resources on Computer 1, but this is just 1 function Computer 1 will be doing for some of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...