Friday, November 23, 2018

macos - Retraining fingers with instant feedback (for a future without Esc key)

Preparing for the future and protecting my wrists, I've remapped some keys that I commonly type (eg for escape, I now press/release caps lock; for control, I hold caps lock with another key, for caps lock I press both shift keys).


But I'd like to have an alert, some instant feedback when my old fingers type the forbidden keys. So if I type ESC or CONTROL_L, I'd like nothing to happen and the screen to flash or beep or both. Flashing red would of course be delightful.


Going one step further, I also wouldn't mind trying out having an alert when I use the "wrong" SHIFT for capital letters and special chars, to see if that might help me break some old habits.


Is this possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...