Wednesday, November 21, 2018

MS Security Essentials does not update automatically


I've installed Microsoft Security Essentials and my Windows XP Professional SP3 and it does not seem to install update signatures multiple times a day as I'm used to from other virus scanning tools. The signatures were two days old when I updated it manually.


My user account is a limited one, running surun if that might matter. But if I double click the MSSE tray icon and click the Update button myself, it updates, so I guess it can't be a permission problem.


Answer



I've been using MSE for a while now, and it does not update multiple times a day.
It does update every few days though.


If your computer is set to automatically install recommended updates, then the updates will come even through Windows Update. (Make sure to have Microsoft update enabled).


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...