Monday, February 13, 2017

windows xp - External USB Hard drive detected but not assigned a drive letter

I have a USB HD connected using SATA to USB connection to the a PC with XP, before it used to be recognised fine and assigned a drive letter but since some malware issues with my PC, I had to repair the XP installation, the hard drive is not being assigned a drive letter so I can't access it.
It is detected as USB mass storage however and I have looked in Hard drives in computer managment too.
I have also connected the hard drive to another PC and it is accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...