Thursday, February 16, 2017

boot - Kali Linux Live CD Blackscreen/Not Booting

I am pretty new to Kali Linux (or Linux in general) so probably I won't understand ALL of the technical terms, but I will give my best.




As introduction in my problem, I wanted to create a Live CD with Kali Linux for my Laptop (exact information on version etc. will be given later, as well as the chronological order of the things I did).



After burning the ISO Image of Kali, I restarted my Laptop, and wanted to boot Kali Linux as a "Live Session", but everything I have seen was a Blackscreen, with no console, and no mouse pointer.



The Laptop did not react to anything, so I took out the disk, and started my PC new and booted with my primary operating system. After that I tried different things (which I will list too), but nothing of it helped me.



My System:



Laptop Model: ASUS R510LB-XX037H
OS: Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Architecture: 64-Bit
Processor: Intel Core i74500U CPU @ 1.80 Ghz 2.40 Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 Usable)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics, nVidia GEFORCE 740M


(If more Information is necessary I will give it)



The Linux:




Kali Linux
64 bit (because my System is 64x Based)
Version: 2016.1
Boot Media: Disk (DVD-RW), 4.7 GB Storage


=> So basically the first thing here (Kali Linux 64 bit ISO)



The Things I did (in chronological order)





  • Downloaded Linux Kali 64 bit 2016.1 ISO

  • Saved on Desktop

  • Took a brand new CD and put it in

  • Right Clicked the ISO and burned the Image (With the Burning Option given by the System)

  • Opened Charm Bar => Settings => Change PC Settings => Update/Recovery => Recovery => Advanced Start

  • Selected the Option for opening the UEFI Settings

  • Boot => Changed The Boot-Order, DVD will be booted first before main OS

  • Restarted the PC

  • Red Window saying "Secure Boot Violation" and some text, so I entered UEFI again and disabled "Secure Boot"


  • Restarted PC again

  • Blackscreen

  • [after 20 min] manually restarted the PC (simple power-off)

  • Burned ISO-Image again on fresh Disk

  • Restart

  • Blackscreen again

  • power-off, boot with Windows again

  • and so I came here




I really don't know what I can do more, under Windows everything works fine (related to Hardware).



How can I resolve this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...