Wednesday, February 15, 2017

windows 8.1 - Bootcamp Partition Issues


Okay, so I have OS X 10.11 and Windows 8.1 partitioned on my computer, I installed windows using efi. I decided to add an additional partition to my computer, but windows decided that it didn't like that and now it isn't booting. I think the problem is that disk utility converted the disk to a hybrid-mbr disk when I partitioned it because whenever I boot into the windows installation efi, it says that windows efi can only be installed on GPT disk systems. How would I remove the hybrid-mbr data and use all three partitions as gpt disks (in windows point of view).


Current Disk Partitions:



Answer



I found out my how to do it. 1) Download and installGDISK [Make sure rootless is turned off if your using El Capitan] 2) enter sudo disk /dev/disk0 (it is disk1 in case but replace that with whatever disk your trying to modify) 3) type x and hit enter 4) type w and hit enter 5) enter Y, because you want to make all partitions GPT 6) It works! (for me at least) I hope this helps anyone with this problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...