Saturday, February 11, 2017

Linux/Ubuntu: Alt + ijkl remapping as arrow keys not working as I want to

On windows I use Alt + ijkl to simulate the arrow keys. I do this with Autohotkey. I'm using Ubuntu in VirtualBox to learn how to use it, and to see if it is the right OS for me when it comes to programming.


I found a solution to my problem on: Remap arrow keys to win+ijkl on linux
But there is a problem with the accepted solution. I can now use the ijkl keys as arrow keys when I hold down the alt key. But it disables all other functionality of the alt key. This means I can't use things like Alt-Tab anymore. Does anyone know how I can solve this?


If there isn't an option I'd like to use Windows-key + ijkl instead. But how can I reset the changes I made to the Alt-key?


(I wanted to ask this question with a comment on that answer, but I'm new here so this website makes it hard for me to do things. Looks like they want to make it as hard for new users as possible..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...