Saturday, February 18, 2017

linux - Remove boot option in Windows Boot Manager that is not listed in bcdedit

I've accidentally installed grub2win in order to configure a multiboot setup witch a Linux distro. I've figured out that the correct way is to create an EFI partition and install the 'real' GRUB. This works fine: I can choose between my Linux distro and the windows bootloader.


Now I want to get rid of grub2win, but I've found no way of doing this. The grub2win bootloader does not appear in the bcdedit menu upon which all the tools rely to remove an entry in the windows boot manager. Grub2win comes with an option to uninstall itself but it doesn't work. I've also tried bootrec \fixmrb but that only removes the 'real' grub bootloader.


My question is: How do I remove the grub2win entry in the Windows Boot Manager?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...