Friday, February 24, 2017

windows 7 - Win 7 crashes, PC reboots and says "Hard drive 0 not found" until I turn if off and on again




I recently made the move from Windows XP to Windows 7. Since then, when my computer is on for a few hours it always ends up rebooting without warning. Then the BIOS won't recognize my hard drive (hard drive 0 not found).



If I turn off my computer and then on again, it boots normally.



Some details:




  • Dell Dimension 9150

  • Windows 7

  • I updated the BIOS


  • I updated all system drivers with the latest version from Dell (SATA, Chipset, etc.)

  • Other drivers updated too (Graphic card, sound, etc.)



There is one thing that I tried after some Googling: I turned off the DMA access to the drives, but it's still rebooting after a few hours.



Any clue?



UPDATE 2010/12/13




Here are the events from the Event Log for today, from when I turned the computer on until it crashed:



19:17 - Error - ID 10016 - DistributedCom



20:06 - Error - ID 1008 - Customer Improvement Program (could not send data to Microsoft)



21:48 - Critical - ID 41 - Kernel-Power (System was restarted without proper shutdown)



21:48 - Error - ID 6008 - EventLog (Previous system down was not planned)




21:48 - Error - ID 1101 - EventLog (Audit Event ignored)



21:49 - Error - ID 10016 - DistributedCom



Both DistributedCom events have a description along these lines (translated from French):



The authorisation parameters specific to the application are not allowing Local Execeution for the COM server application with the CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
and the APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}

to the SID AUTHORITY NT\User System (S-1-5-18) from the address LocalHost (LRPC usage). This security authorisation can be changed with the Component service administration tool.



UPDATE 2010/12/31



Here are the error messages I have on blue screens :
STOP C000007xA - Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error
"Unkown hard error"
C00000135 - Can't start because &hs is missing


Answer





Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error




indicates an error reloading memory that was paged (swapped out) to disk. I'd run a check on the hard disk; it sounds like you might have something failing there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...