Friday, February 24, 2017

Shortcut created with Batch To Exe Converter stays in memory


I have created several .exe shortcuts on my drive using Batch To Exe Converter for ease of access. (See "Integrating non-portable apps into the PortableApps Platform")


So for example, to make a shortcut to git-gui, I made the following batch .bat file, then converted it to an exe using Batch To Exe Converter.


cd cmd & git-gui.exe

The issue is that the .exe shortcut seems to stay in memory even after the main program closes. As a result, I can't safely eject my drive due to it being "in use". Why won't my shortcut exit once it's done running?


Shortcut running in memory after running


Answer



The CMD shortcut is waiting for your main program to exit. You need to use the start command to run it instead.


cd cmd & start git-gui.exe

Source: Why won't cmd exit after execution of batch file?


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...