Saturday, February 25, 2017

Windows 7 Installer Constantly Running


I'm running Windows 7 RC. Recently I noticed that my CPU was being pegged by msiexec.exe. Another symptom is that when I try to uninstall applications from the control panel I see this error:


"Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again."


It's like the installer service is performing an installation in the background. I've rebooted several times, but nothing has worked.


Is there a way to get the msiexec service to forget about whatever installation it's trying to perform?


Thanks for any help!


Answer



Solved:
Disabled the Windows Installer service in the administrative services list.


Reboot.


Re-enable the service (set to manual start)


Reboot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...