Monday, February 13, 2017

windows 7 - Where does the picture go when I plug in an external monitor in laptop?


I have a Asus laptop with Windows 7 on it. And when I plugged in an external vga-monitor I wanted to extend the desktop between laptop monitor and the external one.


After pressing Windows+P a few times. The picture went away from the laptop monitor, never showed up on the external monitor. And now I can't get the picture back when the vga-cable is plugged in. If I unplug the cable. The picture shows up on the laptop monitor.


The monitor and cable is working fine with another computer. so I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the laptop.


Answer



Normally laptops have a alternate functions to keys near the top or top right that switch between which monitor(s) are selected. Typically there is a special function key (normally blue), that you have to hold in combination with a key that looks like it has two squares on it or above it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...