Thursday, February 23, 2017

printing - Visio 2003: How to remove blank pages


I have a visio diagram (using the database model diagram) that I'm trying to print.


Originally, it was 5 pages wide, and 5 high. I've reorganized the diagram so that it's now just 3x3, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the now-blank pages.


Under page setup, the print setup tab, paper is letter size, landscape, and print zoom is set to 100%.


Under the Page Size tab, it's set to "Size to fit drawing contents".


It seems that anything I do to try to eliminate the un-needed blank pages also re-organizes the shapes on the drawing. Is there a way to avoid that?


Answer



One way to do this is hold down the Control key and put your mouse over the edge of the "paper" space in Visio. The grip changes to resize shapes so you can modify the drawing size.


Hope that helps. It seems there are many different ways to do this in Visio, but it's hard to use the one that sticks when it comes to printing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...