Thursday, February 23, 2017

linux - Windows 8 is not booting up in my sony vaio laptp

Here is my problem:


I have Windows 8 which came preinstalled on my laptop. My laptop is a sony vaio sve15127cnb.


I tried to install kali linux on my laptop as bual boot.


So I restarted my laptop and went into the BIOS, the secure boot option was already disabled. UEFI settings were already selected. I changed my 1st boot device to external drive and restarted the laptop, but the USB was not detected as I was trying to boot from USB.


Then I changed it to legacy mode and restarted, and ran linux as live.


Then I shutdown the laptop and again changed back the mode to UEFI, after that I'm getting


GNU GRUB version 2.00-19ubuntu2
grub>

At this point, I tried many things but my Windows 8 is not booting. I tried to enable secure boot and restared then it is showing the error "secure boot failed operating system not found".


I tried going back to legacy mode with my USB detached and then get the error "operating system not found".


How can I boot Windows 8? (I will think about installing linux later)


if i install linux in legacy mode, will it help? and also usb is not recognising in uefi mode for boot from usb. but it is recognising in legacy mode. is there a separate software to do so or is it just some other thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...