Tuesday, February 21, 2017

windows 10 - How to prevent "Allow this device to wake the computer" from resetting itself when a device is plugged back in

Extremely similar problem as the linked post below, but for windows 10. There isn't a solution for windows 7, but I'm hoping windows 10 has something I can use to permanently disable the ability for a device to wake anything up.


Similar post


More specifically, My xbox controller wakes up my monitors within a minute of them turning off unless I disable it here:
Allow this device to wake the computer


Once disabled, the monitors stop turning themselves back on, but it's a temporary fix. If I unplug the controller and plug it back in, the setting is reset to allowing the controller to wake the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...