Monday, February 13, 2017

Is it possible to have malware in Google Chrome?

Some pop-up ads have been appearing. Chrome blocks them, but it's annoying anyway. Some websites (like Google Reader) seems to not work well due to this.


I suspect this is due to a malware in Chrome for a couple of reasons: It is only in Chrome (not in Firefox), and it seems to have been syncronized through my other PC (with some delay).


I know it's pretty unlikely to have a malware or virus in Ubuntu but, I know too that Chrome uses Sandboxing. So... is it possible to have a malware "sheltering" in Chrome? If yes, how can I remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...