Saturday, February 11, 2017

keyboard - How can I set keys for PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, and Delete on linux?


I have Solus installed on a MacBook Air (2008). The keyboard lacks PgUp, PgDn,Home, End, and Delete keys, so I want to assign the commands for those to KbdBrightnessUp, KbdBrightnessDown, alt+KbdBrightnessUp, alt+KbdBrightnessDown, and Eject, respectively.


What are the commands and how can I do this?


Answer



You could check the keycodes that are sent by these keys using xev and then remap them using xmodmap, like:


xmodmap -e 'keycode XX = Prior'
xmodmap -e 'keycode YY = Next'

where Prior and Next are what you mean by PgUp and PgDn.


For reference: LinuxQuestions.org: Configuring keyboards


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...