Friday, February 17, 2017

windows 8 - Dell Inspiron 3541 graphic driver issue

Recently I bought Dell Inspiron 3541. It had Ubuntu as an OS and I installed Windows 8. I have had a hard time finding drivers since the Dell website doesn't have drivers for this model laptop of windows 8 (Only for windows 7 and 8.1). This laptop has 2GB AMD Radeon Graphics.


I managed to get all the drivers, except the graphics driver. I have installed Radeon 8500M series graphics driver but the graphics of the laptop stays as Microsoft Basic display. I tried couple of different drivers and None seem to work. If I go to Device manager -> Display adapter, I can see both Radeon graphics and Microsoft basic display. And if go to dxdiag (DirectX diagnostic tool), it shows graphics is Microsoft basic display 256 Mb.


How can I change the graphics adapter to Radeon so that I can us the 2GB? Is there a way to switch the graphics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...