Saturday, February 18, 2017

performance - High disk usage with windows 8.1

I have a problem that whenever I start playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on my PC, it gets really laggy. When I open the task manager, I find that the disk usage is at a 100%, mainly used by the system "ntoskrnl". This only happens with AW. As soon as I exit the game, the disk usage drops down to 1-2%


I don't have an antivirus. I disabled super fetch and Windows search services and I had no luck. I defragmented my disk and performed a disk check with no problems. I played BF4, BF3, Crysis 3, and Farcry 3, all on high settings, with no problems.


edit:
xperf trace :http://www.2shared.com/file/t6QK-S-o/xperf_trace.html


xperf trace game running :2shared.com/file/wNUcgn2q/xerf_trace.html


laptop specs: hp envy m6-1105dx amd a10 4600m 8gb ram 5400rpm hdd


a quick question :i found out that the vram is only 512mb is there a way to increase the vram sense i have shared ram not a dedicated one for the gpu

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...