Friday, February 24, 2017

windows 7 - outlook freezes on splash screen - loading profile

I have a user with a frustrating application crash issue without Outlook:


Windows 7 x64 Outlook 2010 crashes on the splash screen with the message "loading profile." I have deleted the users .ost file in "..\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\" and this crash occurs for multiple users including those with administrator privileges.


I have also tried running outlook at the command prompt as an admin with the /safe command-line switch.


I tried the repair utility in "programs and features by clicking Change after selecting Microsoft Office:" ~~ Microsoft office failed to successfully repair your product . I tried to uninstall Microsoft Office ~~ Microsoft Office failed to successfully uninstall this product.


I am trying to avoid reimaging the machine for obvious reasons. Is there anything else I can try or insight any one has on this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...